1. Apply service brake (foot brake) upon instruction to stop.
2. Bring vehicle to a stop in a controlled manner within the shortest possible distance.
The applicant shall be requested to stop the vehicle in a safe place at the side of the road.
The examiner shall inform the applicant of the following:
– As soon as it is safe to do so he/she will be given the instruction “Stop”
– The vehicle shall be brought to a complete standstill in the shortest possible distance as in an emergency, e.g. a child running into the road.
– The instruction will not be given if there is following or approaching traffic.
The instruction to stop shall only be given whilst proceeding on a straight road at a speed higher than 20 km/h but not exceeding 40km/h.
The applicant shall not be requested to repeat the emergency stop if carried out satisfactorily the first time.
The applicant shall release pressure on the brake pedal as necessary if the wheels should lock.
Should the vehicle not deviate from a straight course and a stop is not regarded as an emergency stop the error shall be penalized for:
(5) Stop ..............
and a 2nd (final) attempt will be allowed.
Should the applicant lock the wheels and the vehicle not deviate from a straight course the error shall be penalized for:
(5) Con. stop ..............
and a 2nd (final) attempt shall be allowed.
The applicant shall be informed that he/she will not be requested to repeat the emergency stop.
Should the applicant depress the clutch pedal or not, it will be regarded as an “Emergency Stop”.